Mountain Sage "Direct Primary Care"
We have a very exciting announcement that has been 2+ years in the making. Mountain Sage Family Clinic will now be offering Memberships for “Direct Primary Care”. We first started talking to the Wyoming Department of Insurance a little over 2 years ago, asking if this was possible. While this is not insurance, we wanted to offer our patients with high deductibles or no insurance, an option that was affordable and would encourage them to seek health care when necessary. Too often patients wait until a health issue becomes serious, requiring a longer than necessary recovery.
This past legislative session a change in rules was passed that allows this type of service. We are the third practice in Wyoming to offer this health care option.
In a nutshell how “Direct Primary Care” works is a patient pays a monthly or annual membership, based on age. The membership allows the patient to be seen at Mountain Sage Family Clinic or via telephone or telehealth, anytime they need services. They can purchase medications and labs (per predetermined lists) at deep discounts, which is almost always cheaper than a copay. The membership includes any services we offer in our clinic including procedures and stitches. Call us at the office (307) 455-2807
Mountain Sage Direct Primary Care Membership Costs
Age Monthly Cost Cost if paid Annually
65 + Only those without Medicare $75 $855
50 - 64 $65 $740
35 – 49 $55 $630
18 – 34 $40 $455
03 – 17 $20 $228
00 – 02 $30 $342
Family $110 $1,254
Services We Offer:
We are a full service primary care family clinic offering all areas of medicine, from wellness to acute care, diagnosis to chronic care management.
Benefits of your membership include:
- Office visits, telephone encounters, TeleHealth visits, texting and emailing
- Needed time with your provider
- Unlimited lab draws
- No copay
- After hours access whenever possible
- Same day appointments when possible
- Minimal wait times
- Access to sample medications / some prescription medications at cost plus 15%
- All wellness visits and preventative services
- Medical management of chronic diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid disorders, high cholesterol, depression, etc.)
- EKG's, Spirometry, A1C's, INR's
- Physical exams (well child, well woman, DOT physicals, school/sports physicals)
- Weight/blood pressure checks, ear wash, blood draws, pregnancy tests etc.
- Medical education (diabetes/asthma/COPD self-care)
- IV fluids
- Mole/Skin tag/Cyst removal
- Administration of B-12 injections, cortisone injections, joint injections, allergy shots, vaccines etc.
Other Benefits of Membership:
- Medications to treat chronic and acute conditions at a deep discount
- Routine labs at a deeply discounted rate (See list of discounted labs)
- The piece of mind to know that healthcare is readily available whenever you need it.
Some things not covered with Membership:
- Anything done outside of Mountain Sage Family Clinic except certain home visits.
- Anything not specifically included as covered.
- Emergency room visits, hospital and specialists services, imaging done outside of Mountain Sage Family Clinic
- Labs or medications not specifically on our lists of labs and medications.
- Injectable drugs, vaccines, allergy medications ( although drugs and vaccines are available at deeply discounted rates)
Direct Primary Care Enrollment Agreement